Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Staycation @ Furama Riverfront Singapore I

As a working mother, I only remember to mark the calendar based on the children's student care/childcare closure but missed out to plan for a holiday since I was suppose to on leave on Friday (31st August 2018) due to Teacher's Day and Tuesday (4th September 2018) due to childcare closure.

If I had noticed earlier I should be able to plan for a holiday trip since Cherie is having school holidays for one week during this period. Nevertheless I had proceed to pay for the extra for student care (normal school fees only covers half day so I need to top up S$6 per day for Cherie to attend full day student care during school holidays).

I was thinking of what should we do since we will be having a long weekend (Friday to Sunday) and it is already too late to plan for overseas trip. Hubby suggested to book for a last minute staycation and he specifically request for a new hotel (we had tried a lot of weekend staycation in Singapore before) hence we googled and decided to go ahead and book a room at Furama Riverfront.

My suggestion will be book early if you would like to plan for a staycation. Furama Riverfront actually have theme room with in-room Xbox console and bunk bed and it has 3 themes: Castle; Pirates & Underwater. By the way, signing up for FURAMAFirst members (they will prompt you to sign up when you try to make booking directly on their website) give you some discount when booking (sign-up is free). We didn't manage to book the theme room as it was fully booked (for the theme room I mean, not the whole hotel).

We proceed to book the Family Room and select the FuramaKids package which includes dinner and breakfast for 2 adults and children under 12 years old eat for free with the adults. It also inclusive 30 minutes of play time at indoor play area WakaWaka which we think C&C will be well entertained. You can purchase 2 hours play at S$15.00 (for weekend; for weekdays I think it's unlimited) of Waka Waka together when you make booking of the room which is much cheaper compare to Waka Waka's normal rate (weekdays and weekend have different rate, please click on the earlier link to check out ).

As I googled and took note that there's a small play area called "PAWS" near the lift lobby hence I didn't proceed to pay for additional play at Waka Waka. Oh! By the way, just a reminder that you need to bring socks for both adults and children to play at Waka Waka! We end up paying S$3.90 per pair of socks for both C&C.

Do take note that children amenities like kids tooth brush; tooth paste; head-to-toe shampoo; bath robe and slippers are available upon request. The problem is I expected they will prepare as I booked Family Room and indicated 2 adults 2 kids. As my confirmation indicated as "upon request", I purposely mentioned that I want the kids amenities when we were checking in. However, the kids amenities only arrives after 4th request (after 2 hours). But the 4th time I request the staff were super friendly and they served C&C unicorn cupcake and marshmallow hence my anger disappeared like a gust of wind.

Beside Waka Waka and PAWS, the swimming pool with inflatable slides; play stuff in the pool and the restaurant were another highlights for entertaining the children. I will write more about the pool and restaurant at my next blog!

Family room with 2 queen size bed. Our 22 hours holiday start from here (check-in 2pm; check-out 12pm the next day... but actually they allowed us to check-in earlier as we went there directly after C&C's morning swimming lesson)

The study area and TV which I think the room is quite ok as the wardrobe is at the walkway and there is large area to place your luggage (not that we have a huge luggage :p)


The kids favourite! Bath tub!

The amenities does not includes children amenities. I already informed when I check-in that I would like to request the amenities but ended up we called to the concierge once, I went down to the duty manager and inform once before we bring C&C to Waka Waka. After returning from Waka Waka I was disappointed that the amenities were not send to us yet hence I went down and request for the 4th time.

Simple amenities

Bathrobe and slipper for the kids! I requested for these as I saw from other reviews that these are available. But I forgot to request adults bathrobe which daddy wanted to use when going to the pool swimming.

The view from our room. To be frank, this hotel is quite inconvenient as there are no other shop near to this hotel except for office and more hotels. Need to walk quite far to get some snacks hence ended up we purchase snack from their 24 hours vending which is almost double price of what we can get in normal Fairprice store.

Handy phone available! I used the phone to read news :p



The complimentary ticket for 30 minutes play at Waka Waka

The small play area near to lift lobby


There's a TV at the right corner which shows Disney Channel



No comments :

Post a Comment