Pages

Saturday, December 30, 2017

Genting Dream - Day 4 Exploring Macleod Island part II

Working MaMa vs C&C

The beautiful island make my initial grumble of waiting for 2+ hours just to land on this island disappeared. I used normal mobile phone to take the photos I uploaded here which I think couldn't do justice to the island. The view is really breath taking. The beach was clean when we went there, the sand were soft & comfortable and we found a lot of hermit crabs crawling around. It was an interesting experience for all of us. The Missy who initially refused to come ends up the one enjoying the most. Like what I always tell her~ you never try you never know!

As I mentioned in earlier blog post, I was expecting to do some hiking hence we wore sport shoes to the island. As the sand were very fine, it would have gotten in to our sport shoes if we would have kept the shoes on. Hence I suggested to take off our shoes & socks and just walk bare footed.

The beach were so beautiful that we forgot about the hiking. Actually, I also don't know where to start the hiking but it seems like there were designated area which crew were standing there at the entrance for the guided tour. C&C requested to play with water and the sand so I just let them roam around but as the waves were strong, I requested them not to go in to deep into the sea.

I walked around of the island and found that there's a few huts available and noticed that its actually an resort called Myanmar Andaman Resort. Beside us tourists from the cruise, they do have resort guests coming in too. I tried to google about the resort after we came back from the cruise and seems like some of resort guests gave bad feedback about the resort handling cruise guests as we flock in to the island in hundreds or thousand hence they might not have peace at the resort.


I overheard from other guests while we were waiting for the tender boat that we were the one and only batch Genting Dream will arrange stopover on Macleod Island due to the inaccessibility and visas issue (as at December 2017, Singapore passport were given free visa but for countries like Malaysian; Indonesian etc they still need the visa in order to board the cruise which will stopover at Myanmar and during boarding time I noticed a lot of people who holds Malaysian; Indonesian; Chinese passports had to made visa on the spot as they were not informed that they need visas to travel to Myanmar. My travel agent did confirm with me when I booked the cruise ticket hence I didn't have a heart attack when the check-in staff asked me whether I have the visa before she checked my passport).

True enough, I observed the later itinerary plan for Genting Dream cruise and Macleod Island never appears in the itinerary any more after our trip. But based on the comment from guests of the resort, I guess the resort also collaborate with other cruises. The complain of rubbish all around were not being seen during our trip.

As this island is not easily accessible, you can't reach by land and must get in by speedboat hence don't expect too much on high technology or take granted for things which we can get easily in city (I comment this due to the "complains" of the resort guests... opps!).

The public restroom (or I shall say portable toilets?) available there at one area behind the resorts. I was lead to a nice area indicating "ladies" and "gents" by one of the staff. The "ladies" was at the left corner and "gents" at the right corner (it's a pity that I missed out to take pictures of the "restroom") of a partition (the partition were quite huge so I really thought it was a proper restroom before I stepped in). When I went behind the partition, it was around 6 or 8 portable toilets behind the partition and ladies or gents it lead you to the same portable toilets! I almost laughed to death as I was thinking about why they waste the money to build a partition? No matter you go in from left side or right side you will end up in the same place as the wooden partition only covers up the front part which covers the view of the portable toilets. You only can wash your hands or legs at one area which have huge bucket of water. Ended up I wash my hands after a gent washed his hand using the same bucket of water (I just want to emphasize the partition which written ladies and gents were useless :p).

It was a fun and special experience in my opinion (come on~ do you expect high-technology self warming toilet on a remote island?).

We decided to head back before the last tender boat timing (which was at 8pm) to avoid the crowd. Lucky us! By the time we embark the cruise it started to rain.


Working MaMa vs C&C
Beautiful burmese ladies! I refused to take picture with them cause all of them are so slim! (T-T)

Daddy's short introduction on the island

Working MaMa vs C&C

Working MaMa vs C&C

Working MaMa vs C&C
Open bath area to wash away the sands~ but the sands stick back to us as soon as we land on the sand again *lol*

I'm just curious how they build this

Working MaMa vs C&C
The sand the water~ If you follow us on Facebook you will know they will play with water even when the weather is cold...

Working MaMa vs C&C

Working MaMa vs C&C

It's really beautiful!

Working MaMa vs C&C
My mini me! Who has the same temper as me... :p

Working MaMa vs C&C
Life hermit crab! 
*Disclaimer: we just waited for the hermit crabs to crawl out from the shell. We did not try to kill it or do something harmful to it.

Working MaMa vs C&C

Working MaMa vs C&C


Working MaMa vs C&C

Working MaMa vs C&C

Working MaMa vs C&C

Working MaMa vs C&C

Working MaMa vs C&C

Working MaMa vs C&C
Activities organised by Genting Dream

Working MaMa vs C&C

Working MaMa vs C&C
Washed up coral

Working MaMa vs C&C
The hut behind is for resort guests hence I didn't walk nearer to peak or take picture

Working MaMa vs C&C

Working MaMa vs C&C
The son was holding his pants due to the earlier wave.. but son... don't you think you hold your pants a bit too high? :p

Working MaMa vs C&C

Working MaMa vs C&C
The water looks clear!

Working MaMa vs C&C

Working MaMa vs C&C
Don't know what he was thinking but seems like he is thinking of something... Hopefully he was thinking about the experience we had at the island instead of video games in Little Pandas Club...

Working MaMa vs C&C

No comments :

Post a Comment